Meet the Safeguarding Co-ordinators
Safeguarding Coordinators: Andy Passey & Wendy Wright.
The Safeguarding Coordinators are based in the Safeguarding Unit, and are independent to Children’s Social Care.
Their role includes:
- Review & audit children/young people open to agencies from levels 2-4 to ensure the risk is managed at the appropriate level and independently challenge professionals where threshold is not met.
- Oversight of Child Sexual Exploitation and Child Criminal Exploitation cases in St Helens. Please note Child Exploitation concerns should be referred to the Local Authority area in which the child/young person resides not the Local Authority they are open to.
- Arrange and chair CE2 meetings.
- Present information regarding children deemed to be at risk of CSE/CCE to MACE (Multi-Agency Child Exploitation meeting).
- Provide oversight over children who are missing from home/care who are not open to Peoples Services or are CICOLA.
Please note all CE referrals need to be made to the Contact Centre via a CE1 form. Direct referrals will not be accepted by the Safeguarding Coordinators.