Meet the Safeguarding Co-ordinators
Safeguarding Coordinators: Andy Passey & Wendy Wright.
The Safeguarding Coordinators are based in the Safeguarding Unit, and are independent to Children’s Social Care.
Their role includes:
- Single and multiagency reviews & audits of children/young people open to agencies from levels 2-4 to ensure the risk is managed at the appropriate level and independently challenge professionals where threshold is not met.
- Support to the multiagency partnership in the screening of Child Sexual Exploitation and Child Criminal Exploitation referrals in St Helens.
- Arrange and chair missing from care (MFC) meetings for any Looked After Child who has had 3 missing episodes in 30 days or 9 missing episodes in 90 days.
- Scrutinise any case where a child has been arrested and remained in Police custody overnight or any period in excess of 15hrs.
- Provide representation at the Merseyside Child Death Overview Panel (CDOP), Multi Agency Public Protection Arrangements (MAPPA), & Channel / Prevent panel meetings
- Conduct Local Child Practice Safeguarding Reviews
- Support the coordination and completion of any responses to national enquiries for which the local authority are subject to (e.g. IICSA)
- Undertake additional checks on behalf of the Safeguarding Unit in relation to Licensing applications and suitability checks of persons involved in childcare.